"I need more resources.""I don't have any good resource.""We are not getting any good resources these days.""I want that resource with Hari and not the one with Bala.""Just add more resources and deliver the project on time."
- Did you have a professor who never took attendance, but his classes were always full?
- Do you remember that grumpy fellow at the neighborhood store, which you avoided given a choice?
- Did your father or mother or any elders in your family spoke of there colleagues or people with whom they work/ do business as a "Resource"?
"A resource is any physical or virtual entity of limited availability, or anything used to help one earn a living."
Human resourcesHuman beings are also considered to be resources because they have the ability to change raw materials into valuable resources. The term Human resources can also be defined as the skills, energies, talents, abilities and knowledge that are used for the production of goods or the rendering of services. While taking into account human beings as resources, the following things have to be kept in mind:
- The size of the population
- The capabilities of the individuals in that population.
- They truly believe that people are replaceable resources.
- They are in this industry for too long and got accustomed to this terminology (both in word and spirit).
- They don't have an opinion for or against the usage and so go with the mass practice.
- They do feel (not strongly) against the usage of this word, but go with the masses.
- With any one whom I work with.
- With my team or any others who report to me or will report to me.
- In any conversation involving people and their work.